101 East - A new Sri Lanka



I don't have television - or to be very precise, I have yet to connect my television set! So I missed this interview when it was aired on Al Jazeera. It was a topic of conversation at the ADB mocktail party on the 28th (mocktail because it was the Vesak Poya holiday so all we had were non-alcoholic drinks) and is certainly watching. From my own perspective two things stuck out - the sexism in the interview - would H.E. have tolerated such hard hitting direct questions from a man? and also the blanket vilification of NGOs, not good for the third sector.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts on the White Saviour Complex of development consultancies

Disturbing vignettes (a series) - Sept 26: the brutalising effect of war

Year 2014: Buddhist era 2557-2558